Our Maths Programmes
Ten years later, the Maths Support Programmes still changes lives …
The Maths Support Programmes project was initiated in 2007 in line with the vision “to achieve a positive impact on the
South African community by multiplying the number of local participants actively growing the South African economy.” To
date in excess of four thousand students have been directly involved as well as benefited from the program in Philippi
(Western Cape Province) and Yeoville (Gauteng Province), catering for students within the Grades 7-12 range in both provinces.
Further more we have a STEM project which has been established in 2017 for the same intent and purpose
in Rustenburg (North West Province).
The centre focuses on Mathematics and Physical Science, and caters from Grades 10-12
The Maths Support Programmes has explicitly:
- Assisted learners to develop foundational and conceptual framework at lower grades thus enabling
learners to progress with the necessary cognitive input background.
- Produced a marked increase in the number of quality passes in all applicable provinces in the subject.
- Encouraged learners to study pure mathematics instead of maths literacy which over time
limits the learners’ choices of learning streams from a specialisation perspective.
The highlights of the program include among others, the following:
- Inclusion of learners in the provincial Department of Education Merit Awards category.
- Holistic progressive excellence of participating schools within applicable districts - all quality passes